Automatic Room Lights

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ertiexd125, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ertiexd125

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    you probably saw this circuit all over the internet. i decided to work with this circuit for my project. until know i cant make it work and the deadline is fast approaching. Does the circuit lack something? Do you have any revision or redesign in the circuit or do the circuit really lacks something? I'm a bit hopeless know waiting for all of your reply soon. I hope i can finish this project with your.. Thank you all in advance!

• ARL.gif
      ARL.gif
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views:
  2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    What are you expecting this circuit to do?

hgmjr

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Do? It has to DO something? Maybe that's setting the bar too high.

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    You are probably right.

My question should probably have been phrased differently. Something like, What did you want the circuit to do?

It is certainly an odd circuit. It is as though the two LDR sensors are intended to detect a difference in the level of light falling on each of the sensors.

hgmjr

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Perhaps the circuit is intended to detect the passage of a shadow that falls first on one of the LDR sensors and then on the other.

hgmjr

6. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Is this supposed to turn room lights on when it gets dark outside, or when somebody walks into the room?

7. ertiexd125

Jul 4, 2010
    ALL right my fault! here is the document of the circuit!

8. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Can you provide a description of the misbehavior of the circuit?

hgmjr

9. ertiexd125

Jul 4, 2010
    Do you think the cd4017 is capable of doing the said operation. As you can see it should just count 1 at a time when someone goes in or out. I search the net and most of its application (the cd4017) is for continuous clock pulse?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  10. ertiexd125

Jul 4, 2010
    I AM PLANNING to modify the circuit having an entrance and exit corner. on the document of the circuit it says that the 1st cd4017 serves as count up and the second is count down, now what i would like to do is remove the connection of the two sensors primarily the transistors. I mean directly connecting pin 3 of the 555 to pin 14 of the cd4017. Now the circuit operation will look like this, we will have an entrance and exit. If someone goes in the light should on, and remain on until the number of person going out primarily goes out? I have referred this to friend and he said if that is your plan why not remove the 555 as soon as the resistance drop on then it should detects logic high output but i said to him i think the cd4017 needed a clock pulse output.

Question:
    1. Can i do what i am thinking?
    2. Does CD 4017 only receives clock pulse or it can be that whenever it receives logic 1 the output 1 of it will output 1 and remain 1 until it is reset?

newbie here, i really need your help!

11. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    Use two sensors. Sensor 1 just outside the entry, sensor 2 just inside the entry. Motion through the entry could generate a quadrature signal which could control an up/down counter. If count is not zero, lights on. When zero, lights off. Similar to how and old ball type mouse works.