Automatic fish feeder mod...

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Hi,

I've been using this forum a bit for some personal projects, and I'm very pleased with how nice the people are, so thank you!

So I have an Eheim automatic fish feeder for my saltwater tank. The feeder works well, runs on two AA batteries and has a timer built in. The downfall is, it doesn't hook into my Neptune Apex Controller, so I have to depend on the feeder itself and hope the two AA batteries don't run out while away or something. Anyways, what I'd like to do is possibly convert this thing to run off the controller. Neptune sells a breakout box that you can use for DIY projects, or I can make my own breakout box from a tutorial I found online. What I'd like to do is just rewire the current feeder, supply my own power, and figure out how to trigger the motor through my controller.

Does anyone know where I could start with this?

Any help would be great, and appreciated!

Thank you.

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Well I pretty much have all the components, I just need to figure out how I could make this happen. I can't believe it would be that hard.

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Ok I think I've worked it out, I just need to figure out what kind of a power supply I need. The unit runs on two AA batteries, which I guess is 3 volts, is that correct? With that in mind, can I just buy a 3 volt power supply? Or can I build something that would be equivalent?