automatic control project help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by moh.stone, Nov 12, 2008.

1. moh.stone

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi Guys ,its my first time doing such a project , i have lots of ideas to do.
    i think i got the idea of automatic control theoretically , now i want to do my project.
    its an automatic control project with feedback .
    the problem is that i think i have to choices ,
    using micro controllers to do the job , (( unfortunately i didn't learn them yet))
    or by using analog parts like op-amp ( as integrator , Differentiator ,and so on )
    the question is who to transform my mathematical ( transfer function and so on ) desgin to a real automatic control using op-amps and other parts
    Lets say i want to control dc motor speed and if i put pressure on this motor while rotating , it will adjust its input and so the output to stay at the same speed . i don't think there is easier idea than this , tell me if there :D.

2. hobbyist

Distinguished Member

Aug 10, 2008
    I did a similar circuit, and posted it in projects collection, it's called "torque converter for slow speed motor" have a look, you can get an idea of the concept of the feedback loop I used to increase motor voltage, I designed mine all out of discrete components. But it may give you some ideas for your project.