auto wiring help

paddyboy12432

Joined Nov 6, 2010
Ive connected a dual battery isolator/combiner system and now want to run accessories off the the auxiliary battery in my van. 1) Im hooking a 750 watt inverter direct to the battery to get ac outlets, is this okay and 2) I want to run two direct dc lines with switches for two lights and one line for a dc outlet (cigarette style ) off the same battery. Do I use a terminal block/strip to connect these dc lines in series circuits? And where do I put fuses on these dc lines.....after the terminal block and before the switch? Thanks for any help. Amazing forum here by the way. Ive learned so much here already!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The fuse/breaker should be as close to the battery as possible, within 6" of wire to the terminal.

The terminal strip should go after the fuse. You can find combination fuse/breakers with switch and terminal block at specialty car audio shops.

For the inverter, run the 12VDC to the point of use. I'd suggest 8 gauge or larger wire, with another smaller fuse at each point of use.

paddyboy12432

Joined Nov 6, 2010
Thanks alot Thatoneguy! That really helps me because I was about to put separate fuses on each line off the terminal to the lights....