auto water level system

pmazz850

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have a project I need to do.
I have a pond with a slow leak. So until I can plan to empty it and properly fix the leak I want to make an auto level or top off system. I will be using a solonoid activated water valve and a level sensor. The solonoid is rated for 120v 22va. But the sensor is rated at 120v 15va. Can I just run these in a loop so to speak, off 120v, or will I need some sort of circuit. I'm not sure how to hook it up and don't want to fry any parts.

Thanks!

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
You will need a relay between them to handle the extra va.

Does sensor have provisions to start and stop at different levels?

If not then you need two sensors for start and stop. Or a timer to keep it from cycling to rapidly.

pmazz850

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Solonoid valve - eBay item number 291121604270
Level switch - eBay item number 221464563558

@Dodgydave,
I want to be able to keep the water level without having to manually so it myself.

I already have an electrical outlet right next to the pond so using electric is no problem. Should be fairly simple to setup I would think.

Thanks!

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
A ballcock does it automatically,as the level drops it lets more in until the ball floats back up then shuts off the water. Look inside your toilet flush.

pmazz850

Joined Jul 13, 2014
A ballcock does it automatically,as the level drops it lets more in until the ball floats back up then shuts off the water. Look inside your toilet flush.
I see what your saying now. How would I hook up a water line to that? It can't come from a holding tank.