auto start generator 75kva

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by brian74, Mar 4, 2015.

1. brian74

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 4, 2015
    hi there guys i am new here ,im looking to start a 75kva gesan generator at different times when im not around,i just need it to start when i want it to and stop when i want it to ,i have no mains power were i am so everything will have to be powered by 12vdc from the battery ,i bought a module from a company called deep sea electronics it is an auto start module ..model dse7310...but there are lots of wires for fuel levels oil and water temps ...is there any way i can wire the start and stop end only as this is all i require ...as i said before it is a standalone generator in a remote location were there is no electricity ...i thought the module would be easy wired but when it came it looks pretty complicated ...is there any other simpler way of getting it to start and stop at different times ,if you guys that know could help me that would be great thanks so much ..brian...n.ireland:)

2. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    Pretty good sized generator unit. What you will need to do is get yourself a programmable timer. The Deep Sea unit that you have may be able to work as that is what it is designed for. Units like this look at the entire system for things like fuel presence before initiating a start, they also monitor load balance (on large units like yours), engine oil pressure, temperatures and a host of other things so they can shut down a system when things like oil pressures or cooling aren't right. There should be ways to omit using those features. Unfortunately Deep Sea won't let me view their manuals without logging into their website. I also don't know what model you have. Anyway, using a timer that covers month, day and hour should get you where you want to go. Unfortunately it also is a matter of interfacing the daily timer to the Generator Set. That information should be found in the Genset owners manuals. A battery powered event timer isn't the problem, interfacing it is the problem. My best suggestion would be to call Gesan Generator (or a distributor) and get an engineer on the phone. Make sure you have all your make and model information in front of you. Explain your goal and objective and they should be able to get you going.

Ron

3. brian74

Mar 4, 2015

4. brian74

Mar 4, 2015
    Thank you so much for your reply I'm Brian from n.ireland new to here , my model from deep sea is the 7310 it cost £400 and the guy said it should work ,I just want the start and stop end of it to work .i have a man coming this morning to have a look who would know more than myself .if it doesn't work I will be going the dc timer route ,so may be in touch again and thanks for the help this is a brilliant site lots of info for a novice like myself take care....brian

5. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    I glanced at the manual, nice unit. I think, once setup, it will work for you. Hopefully the visiting gent can get things setup. Hopefully this will work out just fine.

Ron

6. brian74

Mar 4, 2015
    thanks again i will let you know how i get on ,and post everything for people in the future i see a few posts on auto starting generators ,just sitting here waiting for this engineer to call me he said he would be with me after lunch ,take care buddy :)

7. brian74

Mar 4, 2015
    hi reloadron just wanted to come back and finish the post and let you know how i got on ...i got my geni starting on auto .i didnt use the deep sea panel as it was a little overkill for what i wanted ...the guy that came to do it brought a lovely little simple panel a DATAKOM 114 was the name of it we wired it up to ignition and used a cheap little dc timer to just cut power in and out from the autostart panel when i want the geni to start, so i am very happy with results ,if anyone needs to know more i can let you know i know exactly were every wire goes now i took notes when the guy was doing it ,so thanks so much for your help reloadron take care and have a great day....brian ..n.ireland:)

8. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    Glad it all came together for you Brian. You also have a great day over on your side of the pond. :)

Ron