Auto closing and opening door for rat trap

chapa

Joined Oct 24, 2012
i want to build auto closing and opening door system with using IR beam for Rat trap.But i can't draw circuit for it.please help me

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You have rats? Really? Do you live in a garbage dump?
I have never seen a rat in my entire life.

But I saw a similar 'possum a few days ago. Its tail also has no fur.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Nothing in my life has attracted rats.
Another way of saying that is that not even rats are attracted to you. Not sure you want to advertise that. ;)

About the only rat I've seen was dog-sized and running across the street at night in front of the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, disappearing down a drain. That's the most vivid memory I have of my visit there.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
About the only rat I've seen was dog-sized and running across the street at night in front of the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, disappearing down a drain. That's the most vivid memory I have of my visit there.
Was that outside the Ryman or at Opryland? Was it carrying a guitar and wearing rhinestones?

I "bush hogged" about an acre this afternoon and saw two field rats scurrying out of the way. If I only had an infrared detector, I could have run over them.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Rats, bats, and cooky cats. What you intend is not a business for the faint of heart. Do you think if this door slooshes open, the rat will just become to feel invited?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Will it help if he writes 'Welcome' on the door?
Oh yes. He should write "Welcome", and "this trap is not bewitched" in small italics. As well on both other sides, he should write in large red letters "This is not a trap".

The rat will read everything carefully, and then walk in.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
No, you're the one who told off on us. The Opry has moved back to the Ryman (which is where it really belongs.) :)

But you are correct; I am old enough to remember Nashville before Opry Mills existed.