"Authorized Service Center"

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
"Authorized Service Center" .. What does this means to you if you see that board on top of a repair center of the worlds famous brands.

I like to know the members opinions on what you would hope from the services of such a center if you were to get their service.
Eg: are ..Upgrade, Price, after sale and if all fails, replace of the branded item that they are claiming to be authorized to. Under warranty and out of warranty.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
"Authorized Service Center" .. What does this means to you if you see that board on top of a repair center of the worlds famous brands.

It almost always means a premium price tag.

More money for the product AND for the repair(good stuff don't break often). What some people call 'Name Brand Markup'.

Depends on how Famous a company thinks they are.

Greed is what it is.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
For me it means:

"Hi. We are highly educated, trained and have a lot of experience in fixing your stuff. If you leave it with us, we will fix it back to the way it was or should be."

"We will not make it FUBAR"

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What about getting service all and every service that particular brand requires and are promised from that particular company except replacement.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Had a problem with a Dell laptop. Not the Blue Screen of Death, but it wouldn't work. Called Customer Service. Next day a tech guy came and tried to fix it. He just changed the hole screen. No cost. That's "Authorized Service". :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Had a problem with a Dell laptop. Not the Blue Screen of Death, but it wouldn't work. Called Customer Service. Next day a tech guy came and tried to fix it. He just changed the hole screen. No cost. That's "Authorized Service". :)
YEP , Now that's service. :)

Last edited:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I liked Dell service up until a few weeks ago. They refuse to fix the plastic holding the LCD in place - it has begun to crack and put unnecessary strain on the display - unless we pay them £109. They call it user damage - and this is the second time in less than 10 months. Ah well.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I liked Dell service up until a few weeks ago. They refuse to fix the plastic holding the LCD in place - it has begun to crack and put unnecessary strain on the display - unless we pay them £109. They call it user damage - and this is the second time in less than 10 months. Ah well.
You got to show 'em

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Service Center, Here in Australia back in the 80s meant that that Companys like Sharp or Philips ran training days for service technitians when new models were released. Atleast the technitian was kept up to date. Sadly today alot of the equipment seems to be obsolete just after its sold. I dont know how old you are R!f@@ but you apear to be a bit like me & stuck in a yester year mentality on repairs! in that it should still be reparable. I gues thats the challenge. Cheers Daryl;)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@debe...
I ........really..............have...........no.........idea.................on what just u said., but since u are wondering, I am 35.

What I am referring is tht if it is an authorized service center, then your item should get repaired NO MATTER WHAT.

Do you Agree?