Audio synthesis resources

nDever

Joined Jan 13, 2011
Hey,

I'm about to delve into the world of audio electronics and was wondering where the best place to start would be. Does anyone have any books in particular that they would recommend?

Hey,

I'm about to delve into the world of audio electronics and was wondering where the best place to start would be. Does anyone have any books in particular that they would recommend?
I would start with Sedra/Smith Microelectronic Circuits. I used the 6th edition for my coursework, but I think a new edition is available. You would have to compare them to see if its worth purchasing the new edition. In addition, the textbook has plenty of information on Op Amps, frequency, and power and describes their practical applications. It also discusses the transfer function for these types of circuits. If you need more background on the analysis aspect, Dorf Svoboda's Introduction to Electric Circuits is another good resource. I used it for my Circuits 2 coursework. This book includes some topics that will likely be of interest, especially frequency filters such as high pass, low pass, band pass, notch filter, etc. This book will instruct you on how to analyze the circuit on a fundamental level and interpret the output (Laplace, complex, Fourier), which I think is valuable if your going into audio electronics.

Hope this helps =)
Vini vidi vici: I came, I saw, I conquered