Audio Spectrum Analyzer Headphones

SteelShadow104

Joined Jun 8, 2015
Hi, I was wanting to try to make some custom headphones. The headphones themselves wouldn't really be anything special but what is on the sides is what i'm wanting. On the sides I was wanting LEDs in a circular fashion working as a spectrum analyzers to what ever music I play. A visual idea of what i'm wanting is the GIF below, the way the analyzer is working in the background is how id want it on the headphones except in the opposite direction where the bars go outward.I also would like to have it to where it had a switch where i could turn the analyzer off but still listen to music without it running. I don't care on how it works i just want it to not be too expensive and i want it to where it could look a little professional and cleantumblr_nj97nkzfeu1qlgacao2_r1_540.gif

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
To break the audio spectrum into three frequency bands, search this forum and the innergoogle for "color organ". Lotsa circuits out there.

ak

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The animation depicted in your image, as shown, would require pretty high spatial resolution if maintained in the area of a typical headphone. It would probably take tens of thousands of LEDs. Could you get by with 100 pixels or less?

SteelShadow104

Joined Jun 8, 2015
it really depends on how big everything has to be (like the PCB with all of the electronics), size and type of battery for it, and the size of the headphones.