Audio playback using two seperate tracks

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Mrplums, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mrplums

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    I am looking to build/buy an audio board that is capable of storing two separate, high quality audio files of approximately 5 minutes in length each.
    Either stored on a micro sd card or stored via a usb port (so the audio can be changed if needed at a later date).
    I would need each audio file to be activated by its own switch (push to make etc).
    The output would be through a weatherproof Mylar speaker cone (with enough volume to be heard outdoors)

It is basically an audio information box for display cabinets. Two of which will be outdoors.
    I am also unsure what would be the best power source to use in it? Especially the outdoor ones.
    As far as my experience go's, I have not built any PCB boards up from scratch as yet but quick and eager to learn.
    I have however swapped over several boards in broken plasma TV's to repair them and swapped over a few broken components from my old guitar amp circuit board (Solder in new for old).
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave

2. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    They will move this thread shortly.

I’m not sure what you want, there are all kinds of media playback and recording devices.

What’s your flavor?

How are the audio files encoded?

3. Mrplums

Sep 22, 2015
    They will be Mp3 audio files.

4. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    Ok, and for clarity, when you say two tracks and separate messages..............do you mean two separate tracks with different messages?...OR...do you mean two separate audio files with separate messages?

There can be more than one track per audio file.

5. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
  6. Mrplums

Sep 22, 2015
    The audio will basically be the same narration but in two separate languages.
    The user would need the option to pick which language they would prefer to listen to, that's why I was thinking of one switch to activate one language and the 2nd switch to activate the other language.
    Cheers

7. cornishlad

Jul 31, 2013