audio amplifier

Deric

Joined Feb 8, 2010
i want to make one amp for the mid and tweeters. ill run the same frequencies through both of them.from maybe 500Hz and up. everything below 500Hz and below through the sub. that can work, right?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
i want to make one amp for the mid and tweeters. ill run the same frequencies through both of them.from maybe 500Hz and up. everything below 500Hz and below through the sub. that can work, right?
Your tiny cheap tweeters are rated for 5500Hz and up. Frequencies below 5500Hz might blow them up. Good larger tweeters start at 2500Hz or 3000Hz.
You need a passive crossover if you use a single amp for mids and highs. You also must find a mid-range speaker that goes up to 5500Hz (most go to only 3000Hz).

You don't have a sub-woofer. You have an ordinary 8" woofer that might not produce frequencies below 80Hz in your sealed enclosure.
My home stero uses two 8" woofers that have a free-air resonant frequency of 22Hz (half the frequency of yours). Their enclosures are sealed and the response drops below 50Hz. I built a bass-boost circuit that peaks +10dB at 35Hz and they sound like a sub-woofer but use 10 times the power.