Audi RS3 - Adding a remote control to break/make a circuit ?

EddieRS3

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Hello All -

Let me be honest. I took electronics back in GCSE and it was the only subject I failed. I just cannot grasp AT ALL the concept of it all.

So I am here begging for help from some people who are in the know.

I have got myself an Audi with a particular exhaust which has electronically controlled valves. These valves open and close through normal use of the car to give more sound or less sound automatically. You can disconnect the valves manually by unclipping the electrical connectors and they remain open.

However, what I want is a remote control system where I can press a button and the circuit is then broken (by breaking the circuit, the valves stay open) and then when I press it again the circuit is reconnected and hey presto the system works as normal. The reason for this is that a lower speeds (sub 60mph) the car sounds great with valves open, but Audi want them closed. At 70mph though, I'd like the valves to operate as standard to remove any droning of exhaust noise.

Is this possible? I have searched for an aftermarket solution and it just isn't available yet as the car model is new! I would massively appreciate any help on this, it would be fantastic.

Also, if it is possible and someone is local to me (Derby/Nottingham area) I'll gladly pay someone for their time if it could be done!

Please let me know if you need more info, sorry for the lack of technical info but I am unsure what people will need to know !

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
A simple bluetooth relay would work.
But do you realize that in case ECU somehow gets damaged they can blame it on the mod you installed.

EddieRS3

Joined Jun 3, 2016
image.jpeg
Hi Eddie, sounds like you need a remote relay board like this,

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-10A-Rel...r-Receiver-Upgrade-V-/152046476498?nav=SEARCH

Its one channel, search for this with multiple channels if you need more outputs.
Thanks very much - I've had a look at this but I've just been to check the connector and it has 3 cables entering it - like the one I've attached. Would this board still work with these cables or would I only connect 1 cable to it etc? This is why I have no idea!