Attachments

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
Why is it that when I open an attachment in the forum post's, I get a new window, and when I close that attachment, I return to the post...

But when I'm making a post, and I want to check attachments, I open them (no new window) and then close them and it closes the post window? This is very frustrating.... I've now lost two post's that took some time to make.... Can anything be done about this?

Great forum, and very friendly but GRRRRR.....

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Mine open in a new tab, I can flip back and forth, only one window.

Tab Mix Plus for firefox has the option, as does firefox itself, IIRC. Haven't used the default firefox tab management in years. I put the tabs down the left side with tree style tab, since I have a lot of horizontal pixels, but only 1200 vertical ones.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@bance

What browser are you using? I don't have such problems in FF. Images open in a new tab and non supported files are downloaded.

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
Chromium, and middori. Although I can't recall if this happened in middori...

And thinking about it, it wasn't an attachment but a thumbnail image.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Image attachments are automatically converted to thumbnails in the bottom of the post, instead of just their filename, so that's essentially the same.

Now, about the click behaviour, I think that the webmaster can set it, but the browser has to interpret the site commands correctly too.

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
OK,

This is really wierd just tried again, to make a post, add an attachment, and check it (in preview mode) and now it does open in a new tab....

Tried with both browsers, no problem....

Go figure!!!!

Sorry for wasting your time:eek:

Steve.