ATmega328 and C language

pujulde

Joined Jul 24, 2013
I want to learn programming ATmega328 using C language , but can not find a good free source in Net. Can anybody help me to solve the problem, I can not believe that there is not helpful and comprehensive material in Net, but I tried and could find nothing. I would be glad if anybody suggest some source. Thanks in advance.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Are you kidding me?

You couldn't find the AVRFreaks forum?
You couldn't find the WinAVR project?
You couldn't find AVRStudio from ATMEL?

Anyway I recommend the CodeVision Suite for $200. It will save you a boatload of time if you are just getting started. The project management features are worth the price, besides generating better code and being faster than greased lightning without the feel of bloatware.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
The problem, I think, is that C is used to program many chips. Your focus on ATmega328 is just too narrow.

What I would do is choose a product that uses ATmega328. Then look for programming materials for that product. I think Arduino Uno might be using ATmega 328 these days, so you look for programming materials for Arduino Uno.

pujulde

Joined Jul 24, 2013
The problem, I think, is that C is used to program many chips. Your focus on ATmega328 is just too narrow.

What I would do is choose a product that uses ATmega328. Then look for programming materials for that product. I think Arduino Uno might be using ATmega 328 these days, so you look for programming materials for Arduino Uno.
I have an Arduino Uno 3 Board and programming mcu by arduino, but I want to work with timers and i/o closer, that's why I need C tutorial.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Sounds like you want to do programming in assembly.

I have done assembly in school for intel 8051. I have not done any for avr chips and the whole point of Arduino project is to let people use C like language, Arduino project purposefully avoided assembly from the start and use C like language.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Since you are using the Arduino Uno Rev 3, have you been to the C reference page on the Arduino site? It describes the language, its libraries and sample programs. Click here to go to the reference page.

The site also provides a free download for the Arduino IDE.

massimj

Joined May 5, 2013
When I wanted to learn C, I started with the Arduino. I have downloaded so many books on C, and specifically C as it relates to micro controller programming. If you search on Arduino PDF, or Arduino Book PDF, you will find tons of material.

One thing about C as it relates to micro controller programming. If you find books, or anything that just teach C, you will be turned off by the fact that most of it will not relate to your goal of programming micro controllers. Not to say that it is all a waste, but going that route will cause you to be bored, or maybe even confused long before you get anywhere with it.

There is so much training material on Arduino that I can't really believe you searched for it and found nothing. Arduino is about education, and not just education, but FREE education.

My Dropbox folder on Arduino PDF's, has 57 items in it, and many are books. The best one to start with is "Beginning Arduino Programming" by Brian Evans.
You can buy it on Amazon, or find it for download on the internet.

abhimanyu143

Joined Aug 25, 2014
look at some example code
run It
type sample code in compiler
write your own code for simple program like LED

And if you need any help you can ask here