ATmega32 programmer

jayanthyk192

Joined Jan 23, 2010
Hi,

i bought an atmega32 MC,i'm trying to build a programmer.i googled through a few pages,most of them use parallel port and the others operate on 4MHz clock.i want to use the full potential of the controller and make a development board myself.please give links or schematics,that use a serial port and has a clock freq.>12Mhz.

Also,where can i learn about interfacing the MC's to computer through serial port?

thank you.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I don't know what you budget is but here is an avr programmer that connects to a USB port. You can get the AVRSTUDIO4 software from Atmel's website for free. This will give you the ability to write assembly language programs for you ATMEGA32 and program the device using this software. If C-language is your choice you can then download the add-in program called WINAVR from www.sourceforge.net. Both AVRSTUDIO4 and WINAVR are free.

hgmjr

Last edited:

Bosparra

Joined Feb 17, 2010
that is pretty complex for me to build.i wanted to just build a serial port board and a power supply for it.please give less complex circuits.

thank you.
Well, the circuit contains all of those things, just leave out the stuff you don't want. There is actually very little on that board that you won't need. You can perhaps do away with the FT232, but you will have to replace it with something else if you intend connecting it to a PC.

wesso

Joined Oct 26, 2010
Hi,

it's very good geven information, thank you :)
Can you give me some benefit information about prensip work of USART ?

thank you.

Bosparra

Joined Feb 17, 2010
USART stands for Universal Serial Asynchronous Receive and Transmit. It is a circuit that contains shift registers for converting bytes into serial bits. It also manages the baud rate clock generator and interrupts.

wesso

Joined Oct 26, 2010
... but how is it work? where can i find benefit documents regarding to USART?
and is it located in the motherboard of PC only, or in both of MC's and PC's?

thank you.