atmega32 hardware problem

milind213

Joined Dec 27, 2009
I am designing a development board using ATMEGA 32 and also has other IC's like FT232 and a regulator 1117 (5 volts). Many sensors and LCD are still to be connected.
In the board I am getting all the desired voltage levels at all points but still the circuit is not working. Is there any problem with the current flow because when i measured current, it was just 15 mA on entire board. If yes, then how am I supposed to fix it ? Please help
I have used a double sided PCB which is self made(using EAGLE)

Additional Details
i havent used autoroute facility and have made it by hand. I am using a 16 Mhz crystal. Also, since all the ic's are surface mounted i could not test on the bread board. Although, circuit is fine.
The problem is I am getting voltage across the power on led of atmega but still its not glowing and also the atmega32 is not getting programmed
Help please help

You should start by making sure there are no shorts, or unintented connections, on the board.

Then try posting a schematic, board files, and the code that you are trying to run.

Is this the first board you have done, i.e. what is your level of experience? What kind of test equipment do you have to help you troubleshoot the problem?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Greetings milind213,

It is impossible to overemphasize the importance of having a schematic to refer to while discussing your problem. Without one, all we can do is make generic stabs at a solution to your specific circuit problem. Further, without a schematic it could take weeks just to get a handle on your circuit problem.

Please post it as soon as you can.

hgmjr

milind213

Joined Dec 27, 2009
Thank u sir..
Actually i could sort out the problem.. The actual problem was the regulator 1117. It was not working properly ever since i bought it. Hence i could not get the current requirements.. Also the programming was not being done only due to the fact that stk-200 programmer doesn't supply more current and that i had to remove the resistors in all the paths required for programming.. It was only that i realized this problem of programming later because i had faced this problem earlier also.. Now that i have removed the resistors, the programming is being done properly...
Thank you..:)