ATF2500C DIP PLD Programming

Austin Clark

Joined Dec 28, 2011
I'd like to program the ATF2500C PLD from Atmel (http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc0777.pdf)

The only programmers I can find are extremely expensive universal programmers. Are they my only option? Are there any similar cheaper alternatives? I'd like 5V logic and in a DIP package (breakout board/adapters are fine).

Is the Atmel WinCupl software my best/only option to program this device as well?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No you have lot's of options. The only question is weather you're willing to pay the price in time or money. These devices are obsolete, and at or close to EOL (End Of Life). There is no more support for them in new hardware or new software, so your best bet is used and second hand equipment from eBay or Hamfests.

Austin Clark

Joined Dec 28, 2011

After a bit more research I've found a few reasonably priced (under $200) universal programmers. I've mostly accepted the fact that I'm not gonna find a programmer for that IC without spending a ton, so I'm now looking for the best low cost (under $200) universal programmer that works with the most relevant (to me) devices.
I'll start a new thread.