AT smps

endlasuresh

Joined Feb 11, 2010
I have a old pc that was working still but this smps giving problem so i have kept it aside.
the problem is it starts and then later th smps goes off .even some times windows loads and sometimes i do some work but it goes off later
Even when i try restarting it may start or no restart at all
Can somebody give an hint what was the problem for it
I will post more details if you were going to help.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
The first suspect to this problem is the power supply, however, an overload from the PC boards can cause the power supply to shut down. If you have another power supply try that to see what happens.

endlasuresh

Joined Feb 11, 2010
thanks for the reply
the problem was with smps only because i removed the smps seperately and tested.the fan dont spins when i switch on the main power but when i switch off it spins for few seconds.this is the problem for this smps

during that time i mean 1 year back i brought the another smps which is atx because my mother board supports atx and at form supply .After making connections in mother board i started the computer but my monitor started to make noise of short and even some smell has been came.I thought it was from atx and i ept this pc aside.
later i showed to one of relative and he told that it was from monitor and he lso showed.

so tell me what is the problem for my monitor. and what should i do
monitor is samtron 45bn
Let me know whers the problem still i face the smps problem on my new pc too
I will tell in next post

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
The monitor has to be checked by a proffesional to find the problem. I
suggest you to buy a new one if the proffesional wants lots of money to repair it, if he can.

endlasuresh

Joined Feb 11, 2010
i had given to repair first time but it was back in same trouble after one day.
so what you say about my AT smps where is the trouble for my smps

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
The problem is that because the fan is not working the power supply overheats and shuts down. Well, it is not a good idea to repair it unless your expert because you may blow the whole PC up if something goes wrong. Then you will need much more fore a new PC than a new power supply.

endlasuresh

Joined Feb 11, 2010
the fan was good i tested with the battery seperately
Well their are no new AT smps in the market.I seaarched everywhere but thir is none to sell
only i may get an old smps but that also big problem.
If you know any website where i can get atleast some information let me know
I see a lot of sites that asks money to pay for the answer

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I don't know any other websites. Use an ATX power supply with the appropriate connectors as to be able to fit in your PC.