Astronauts coming home now

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It sounds like you were working more with a broken company, than broken radios.
Maybe the company was broken at that moment. They had a labor strike going on and anyone might have dropped a 9V zener in a 6V bin.
That doesn't change the fact that I observed the fictitious re-work room and that room is used to falsify the reliability accounting. That doesn't change the fact that the Military requirements for reliability accounting are absurd in demanding that a production line must operate without a mistake...ever. Maybe that explains the thousand dollar hammer and the ten thousand dollar toilet seat.:rolleyes:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Maybe that explains the thousand dollar hammer and the ten thousand dollar toilet seat.
Remember those "Receivers, ash" that were made of glass. There was a specification on the number of pieces that could result if you dropped one and it broke up. Something ridiculous like four or five pieces.

That kind of research and manufacturing drives the prices up.

Look at that recent power supply for sale where they wanted 30k. The specs were the tightest I've ever seen for a 20 volt supply.

On edit:
Since I referenced the supply, here is the instruction manual for it.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The specs were the tightest I've ever seen for a 20 volt supply.
16 pages of specifications...They could have published the schematic on less paper.:D

"Here's a great long list of unrealistic requirements. Go figure out how to make one and charge us for every minute of R&D."
Yay, government!:D

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
@#12 , @JoeJester

You guys are easily impressed. That Lambda power supply didn't reference a single Mil spec. If you want to get into some exciting reading, look at an Abbott Technologies spec for a power supply that is Military Flight qualified or even Space qualified.

I am certain that you guys will want to know that the mil spec for Cheese Spread is Mil-C-595, not to be confused with Fed-std-595 which is a color standard for electronic front panels. My NASA boss made that mistake and we never let him forget it.:p