Assistance with generating PWM?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by AdrianD, Feb 23, 2008.

1. AdrianD

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I wonder if anyone could recommend a PIC in the 16FXXX series that would allow me to achieve the following functions. Two PWM modules (each with independent duty cycle from two variable voltage inputs respectively) I also need to supply each individual PWM signal to two outputs with one lagging the other by about 10 micro seconds. I have looked at the 16F877 however it seems that it is not possible to create two different duty cycles simultaneously. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    It would help to know a few more specifics, such as PWM frequency and duty cycle range for both functions. That said, I would consider generating at least one, if not both, in software.

Awhile back I looked for a chip with independent PWMs (i.e., separate frequencies) and decided to just use software. The 12F series is nice for that too. There are even smaller chips that might do the job, but I do not have experience with them.

John

3. AdrianD

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Yeah thanks, I found a solution using two 16F877's i think i get away with.

Cheers A