Assistance with an Asynchronous Data Transmitter

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by DB_baker, Nov 18, 2010.

1. DB_baker

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    [​IMG]I've attach an Asynchronous Data Transmitter schematic along with the data sheets for all the I.C. chips expect one. I didn't know what it was. It is the chip at the bottom right corner of the schematic?????:confused:

My question is how exactly does this asynchronous data transmitter in particular work and what does it do? I am in extreme need for help and any info is greatly appreciate.

Thank you all so much for your cooperation and assistance.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Since this is a class assignment, what is your idea of what it does?

hgmjr

3. DB_baker

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    I know that its for data transmission but, i'm not sure exactly where it starts. I just realized that the chip in the corner is a one shot that debounces the load line. I also know that the 74195 loads the data four data bits to be sent and the d flip flops are used to start the bit and keep the serial data line high. but with this circuit i'm having a hard time trying to actually see where its starting out at and what the final output would even look like...

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    The IC in the bottom right corner is a 555 oscillator.
    (Do I get my candy for reading the number on the top left of the box, Bill? :D)

I don't vough for it, but I think it is used to trigger the loading of new data and to reset the FFs. I don't know however why you 'd need such a complex circuit to do that. Maybe to guarantee a debounced signal.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010