assignment

marian smochina

Joined Oct 14, 2012
What size R90 copper conductors should be used for a residential 20 A circuit and 200 A service respectively? Please state the Code Rule.
What length of conductor shall be left at each outlet for making joints or connection of electrical equipment? Please state the Code Rule.
How must electric clothes dryers in a dwelling unit be connected? Please state the Code Rule.
What type of (5-15R and 5-20R0 receptacle must be installed within 1.5 m of sinks, washbasins, bathtubs, shower stalls or outdoor within 2.5 m above finished grade? Please state the Code Rule.
Draw a 14-50R receptacle and label the terminals.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What steps have you taken to try to find these answers yourself? I'm assuming that such efforts have not, as of yet, included looking at the Code in question.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I don't understand the question as such.
It is an assignment/test questionaire, as it looks to me.
Not a question that the OP actually wrote.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't understand the question as such.
It is an assignment/test questionaire, as it looks to me.
Not a question that the OP actually wrote.
There is probably a reason why the OP titled the thread "assignment", as useless as such a title otheriwse is.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
There is probably a reason why the OP titled the thread "assignment", as useless as such a title otheriwse is.
Yes at the MSDN forum such a thread title would be called "bad thread title" for sure. Also without wanting to be rude, I'd call (at least for myself) thread titles and way of asking like that "Rain-man type threads".

Please state the Code Rule. It is really spelled 4 times.

That isn't appreciate for most of the other forum users.
It's a seperate question/problem as well.

So I call this "added clutter", again without wanting to be rude at all.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
First you need to identify your location as the Electrical Code may not be the same as other countries.

These questions refer to your country's and local jurisdiction's Electrical Code.

What size R90 copper conductors should be used for a residential 20 A circuit and 200 A service respectively? Please state the Code Rule.

What length of conductor shall be left at each outlet for making joints or connection of electrical equipment? Please state the Code Rule.

How must electric clothes dryers in a dwelling unit be connected? Please state the Code Rule.

What type of (5-15R and 5-20R0 receptacle must be installed within 1.5 m of sinks, washbasins, bathtubs, shower stalls or outdoor within 2.5 m above finished grade? Please state the Code Rule.
Consult your resources for the answers, as they want you to state the Code Rule.

Again, your textbook should have a diagram.

A google search for 15-50R resulted in this page ... http://www.dasplace.net/RVWiring/wiring.html

Last edited: