asking for advice

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by agsnip, May 5, 2011.

1. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    hi. i'm currently searching for title for my final year project...i'm more interested in something that involves 50% software and 50%hardware, like communications and robotics. but there's to many topics to choose and limited time to submit my title. can anyone give me suitable topics? Thanks

2. russpatterson

Feb 1, 2010
    make a smart irrigation system that only waters when necessary and sends back all the data to your smart phone.

agsnip likes this.
  3. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    but that system already exist. is it?

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Your request for help did not stipulate that your project had to be new and could not already exist. Robots also already exist yet you said that you were considering some type of robot.

Maybe you can list any restrictions that are being imposed on your project by your instructor.

hgmjr

5. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    ok, i was thinking something that is related to communications, control system or something like that...such as low altitude repeater, the one that can catch LOS signal even though it is not in the line of LOS

6. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    What does that mean? I'm not asking what LOS means. I got that.

7. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    that's just a suggestion. a repeater that can catch a signal even though it is not in the line of LOS.

8. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Then may I suggest: "Low Altitude LOS Signal Repeater"?

agsnip likes this.
  9. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    There have been several requests on this forum for short-range "GPS-like" location. Like finding children in a schoolyard or pets in the neighborhood. Motorola patented a relevant technology and Steve Wozniak invested in it but I don't think this led to any commercial product. This challenge is probably more interesting than the chicken-coop-door-controller requests.

agsnip likes this.
  10. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    haha...ur funny...but thanks...thats one of what i think...i just need more suggestion...

11. agsnip

Thread Starter Member

Nov 19, 2009
    i'll take a look at this project and ask some advice from my lecturer. thanks wayneh