ASk for help to design an EEg recording card

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mahouraa, Feb 25, 2013.

1. mahouraa

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Hello
    Our project at the end of study (PFE) make an electronic card that records EEG waves and displayed in real time on a website so that a doctor can see the records of its n Patients.Si you can provide us some documents may guide us and we directed to our accomplire spot.
    cordialy
    MAher

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    as in PC expansion card? Or just any plain pcb with everything required already on it?

real-time means that the operation will be allways completed within some time limit, so you need to define what that time limit is.

Nevetheless, you will need to divide this project into several parts, and I suggest you divide those into more than one prototype PCB. Those parts could be: analog front end, A/D conversion, main cpu, power supply; aquisition software backend, web application - presentation frontend.
    You will probably be much better off if you obtain some processor evaluation board with say STM32 processor, ethernet and enough I/O to connect the A/D converters, so that you can focus on the aquisition and software part and don´t have to design the CPU part as well.

3. mahouraa

Feb 25, 2013
    in my application I'm led to design a PCB ho receive the EEG signal from probes implanted on the scalp. my PCB must be able to amplify the signal filter-it numeric it and then .the cant transmit the signal to a computer .after that my web must be able to draw the EEG signal refereed to values received from the PCB .

4. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    what does this part mean?

5. mahouraa

Feb 25, 2013
    We are 2 pupils engineer terminal of our training. We are invited into the framework of our project at the end of study (PFE) conducted an electronic card that records EEG waves and posters in real time, on a website so that a doctor can consulterles records one of his patients without this last pre geographically. we are still in the design phase and you would be very grateful if you can provide any document that we are facing and we guided to accomplire our task.

6. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    could you please answer my question?

7. mahouraa

Feb 25, 2013
    conducted an electronic card that records EEG waves and posters in real time, on a website

8. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    Well, you just copy-pasted a part of your previous reply, that is not a very nice way to comunicate. If you didn´t realize I am still trying to help you, so if I ask you to explain something I expect that you actually try to rephrase it so that I can understand what you mean.

Anyway, your requirements still seem very confused. So, do you want the device to send the recorded data to some web site, or do you want the device to be a server that someone can connect to?

9. mahouraa

Feb 25, 2013
    I am looking for how to make a map of EEG signal processing and after sending this signal to a tablet ??

10. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    Why are you asking me that? You should know what you´re looking for.

Also you should realize that this is your task, so you should start making some effort in this. Like I said before, you need to divide this problem into multiple parts. First you need to have the analog section that exctracts and amplifies the signal from the probes on the head. Then you need to somehow convert this analog signal into digital, feed it into some processor or computer, and then somehow get it into the internet.