As the famous song from Space Ghost says:

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by retched, May 7, 2011.

1. retched

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    "If you eat some un-cooked pork, you'll sit around and moan."

And all I gotta say is: "AINT THAT THE TRUTH!"

I am just now able to stand after a under-cooked, albeit delicious, rack of ribs.

SO, the moral to the story?:

If you have been out with friends, bouncing around the bars, wait until the thermometer hits 160 before deciding "Im hungry, and they look done."

"OPEN THE NORTH AND SOUTH FLOODGATES!" ;)

2. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    Nasty, try to have as much fluid as you can manage and don't get too far from the bathroom.
    I had campylobacter once, lost a stone in a week.

3. mbohuntr

Apr 6, 2009
    Trichinosis is the name, puking and a Dr. visit is the game...:eek: Hope you feel better soon...

4. retched

Dec 5, 2009
    Thank you, I am already feeling much better.. some multi-symptom Imodium REALLY, REALLY works well. I WILL be keeping these on hand.

I am feeling much better. Earlier, 6:30am, all waste was breaking loose ;).

And I was sweating too much to get comfortable, and if I tried to change positions, "bad things" happened.

I feel almost like myself again, just low energy level.

Ugg. It is quite amazing how "poisoned" one feels when this happens.

You feel like you are dying, or may be willing to gnaw on a gun barrel, but haven't the energy to do so.

It is almost like the worst hangover, mixed with a really bad hangover, with a large serving of Satan sprinkles. ;)

At least I can joke around now.

I still have a "cloudiness" about me, but when comparing now to then, I feel like $6! :D

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    The worst part is when after you have been hugging the porcelain lady all day, you have nothing more to unload and your eyes pop out from your stomack's strain to get something out of you by force.

Almost every time I 'm sick I have stomach disturbances. But I prefer that to high fevers and general weakness.

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It can be worse. Nothing like both ends going at the same time.

7. retched

Dec 5, 2009
    Thats what I meant by "Open the North and South floodgates." :eek:

And OH BOY were they open!

Sitting on the "throne" with the trashcan between my feet.

Un-pleasant.

dizzy, feverish, dehydrated, cramping in all kinds of muscles.. Yak heaves are brutal!

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    For the last 2 days I have been eating $40.00 worth of diced Bar B Que
    Pork ,sause,slaw and baked beans,eating the last of the beans now.

9. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    I remove the ribs from the smoker after about 30 minutes. I then wrap them in foil and throw in a small amount of barbeque sauce and let them sit in a 250 F oven for about 3 more hours. The meat will fall off the bone and you can cut it with a fork. Ummmmm Ummmm Goood.

Never tried it direct from the smoker. I figure if the way I do it works, why change?

I always seem to get the 'running trots' as you describe after going out to eat at a nice commercial eatery. Can't remember ever getting it from home cooked food.

10. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    This sort of food poisoning is not really a laughing matter. "Open at both ends" for extended periods can lead to fatal dehydration, and very often does in situations where there is no access to health care. A lot of children in Third World countries lose their lives this way.

I will never forget the time that I ate some oysters at a party with some friends one Saturday evening. No symptoms showed up until two days later, when things started going downhill (and uphill!) very fast. This eventually led to several days' hospitalisation on IV fluids, and full recovery took weeks. That was thirty years ago; I have not tried oysters since.

11. retched

Dec 5, 2009
    I had ribs for breakfast this morning.

12. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Open at both ends.,...Peeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!.

Why do you eat those things. Try healthy stuff for a change.

Hope u are feeling better than me buddy.....
    I have been fighting the male tube for a while now.
    Recently found blood every now and then and still gives me a a lot of pain during urinating.

It's been a week now. Sometimes feels better and sometimes I find blood clot after urine. Hurts like hell.

13. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
  14. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Have you ever tasted this kind of meal? (I'm not ironic or sarcastic, just curious)

And you should see a doctor, or at least give a sample they can analyze.

15. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Agreed. Do not ignore this. Many problems are minor if addressed early, but will kill you if ignored.

16. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    It is possible you might be passing a 'stone'. Most have very jagged, sharp edges and can cut your urethra on the way out - result is blood and PAIN.

17. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    Lots of things are possible, some are trivial but others are...otherwise. No instance of unexplained blood loss from a bodily orifice should be ignored. This is something which you should take to a doctor without delay.

Having myself had a diagnosis of serious illness at a fairly late stage, I would encourage anyone not to waste time in this sort of situation.

18. mbohuntr

Apr 6, 2009
    Oh yeah, definately have that looked at!! Back to food... anyone tried Mongolian BBQ yet? You fill your bowl with raw meats and veggies and hand it to the barbarians who cook it for you... pretty cool!!!!

19. retched

Dec 5, 2009
    Do they pee blood on it? ;)

20. mbohuntr

Apr 6, 2009
    As implied, you are truly RETCHED!!!:D