Are we on the eve of cyber WWIII?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nsaspook, Oct 15, 2016.

1. nsaspook

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
  2. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    In this horror show we're in now.........nothing would surprise me.

3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    What better way for a politician to rake in lots of money? Of course, the keep the loot coming in the United States has to be at war at all times in as many places as possible. Then, after the dust has settled U.S. contractors can rebuild the infrastructure, raking in more. And so it goes...

4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    We've been under cyber attack for years.

It will remain an undeclared war ...

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    You're right.
    It vas good to practice Universal Surveillance on all the citizens of Amerika and Angela Merkle. Now ve haff the expertise to surveil all of Ruski.

But seriously, I don't understand how the oligarchy can expect to be alive and filthy rich after burning the planet to a cinder. The nuclear button should be a noose, and the only way to press it should be to have a State Leader place the noose around his/her neck and jump.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  6. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I hope the guy from NK is tall enough to get his neck in there.

#12 likes this.
  7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    We are at a time in history where there are few secrets. We are dependent on a communications infrastructure that grew ad hoc and whose core was developed without a concern for security. Any security internal to the Internet is there as an afterthought.

Hence, this tenet must be taken into account. Any information transmitted via the Internet is public. It is just a case of who, what or when it will be accessed.

We are not alone!

Aleph(0) likes this.
  8. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    There has been encryption software for email since the advent of email. A lot of people choose not to install it.

#12 likes this.
  9. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I chose to not have anything I consider of value in anything I send in an email or post online in general.

Even this post likely contains nothing of value too! :p

10. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I prefer telephone (land line) calls for 90% of what I do. I can't afford to leave a minefield behind me with a real name attached to it.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I see a lot of Ads on TV about how, "we" post our entire lives on Facebook and Twitter.
    1) I don't do any social networking sites, unless you want to count AAC as, "social networking".
    2) I also don't post the location of my license plate or my cell phone.
    3) I don't post a voice file of my cell phone and, "land line" conversations in public.
    But my government could probably play them back for me if it would mean prison time.
    Here's the latest device for government cyber-spying on their own citizens:

http://www.copblock.org/167324/cell...urveillance-software-fbi-police-using-to-spy/

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    nsaspook likes this.
  13. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    The problem with saying you know it's so an so doing the hacking is you've announced your ability to detect such activities.

Let them exploit the misinformation designed to keep them happy thinking they have one on you.

I agree that too many people put their lives on social media. One of the Kardashians found that out recently.

14. nsaspook

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    He (Snowden) is mistaken. The CIA has a completely separate division digital-innovation for this because they spent a huge amount of money in the STATE dept. not the DEFENSE dept for this capability and are itching to use it.. The NSA as a 'military' asset would help but it would be a CIA show because only they would be this stupid.

cmartinez, JoeJester and #12 like this.
  15. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    So... We complain aobut our rights to privacy while we go on every social site at once and reveal every stinking detail about our lives that no one of any polite civil rational mind would say? o_O

I don't get it.

Forget the Bald Eagle. The American Dumbass is our new celebrated national animal. :oops:

16. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    #12 I say that's way too low a bar cuz even cowardly suicide bomber passes that test!

So I don't have solution to executive responsibility either but expecting anything more than cowardice from politician is being optimistic:(! Now I'm saying history and current affairs proves beyond doubt that masses are too petty and ignorant to choose responsible leadership but observation doesn't give solution:oops:

Hypatia's Protege likes this.
  17. boatsman

Jan 17, 2008
    @tcmtech: Forget the Bald Eagle. The American Dumbass is our new celebrated national animal.

That's not a nice way to refer to the Democratic Party, or its candidate!

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I don't even know what to make of this:
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/rt-banks-frozen-wikileaks-internet-cut/

One comment says, "The primary news sources revealing the rigged (American) electoral system are being shut down."

An alternate news site frozen out of UK banking and Julian Assange silenced overnight. Makes me want to check on Edward Snowden to see if he's incommunicado. Also makes me wonder whether Trump and/or Hillary think they can put the cat back into the bag.

19. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I'm pretty sure the American Dumbass is much like the Bald Eagle and independent of political affiliation. :rolleyes:

shortbus likes this.
  20. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    You can't unring a bell.