Are PWM's and Relays compatible?

Hadesfalcon

Joined Apr 18, 2015
I built a relay circuit to control the direction of the motor and it works perfectly, however i purchased a PWM from amazon and when i attempt to hook up my circuit to the PWM it stops running.

The connection i'm attempting is i connect both relays to + and ground from the PWM connections and then i connect the M1 and M2 connection to the motor. Nothing will happen like this, i have tried different connections but still nothing has happened. What am i doing wrong?

This is the PWM: http://www.amazon.com/DROK-Controll..._2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429380980&sr=8-2&keywords=pwm

I have attached the schematic for the relay circuit.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Did you try the motor direct on to the PWM control to test it, these are simple 555 timer with Mosfet driver.
Normally you should have no problem to reverse the output DC. It should be done at 0 rpm.
Max.

Hadesfalcon

Joined Apr 18, 2015
Yes i attempted the motor to the PWM by iteself and it works fine. The only issue is when i attempt to connect the Relays and PWM together to run the motor, each circuit works perfectly with the motor.

From the schematic i connected Relays 1 to positive from the PWM and relays to to negative of the PWM. Then i attached the motor to Motor - and Motor +

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Are you using a separate supply for the motors as shown in your DWG?
The top 12/24 and GND need to come from the PWM output.
Max.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
From the schematic i connected Relays 1 to positive from the PWM and relays to to negative of the PWM.
Unclear. Which relay contact(s) connect(s) to the PWM? We need a pic showing the connections.