Arduino Wifly Control

Yusif Nurizade

Joined Jul 4, 2011
Hello!

I seem to have reached a hurdle with my Arduino/Wifly robot control project and was hoping for some advice. Since an Arduino and an Arduino (Wifly) shield are in question, I thought this the mos appropriate category to post in but please feel free to correct me.

To begin, my Arduino/Wifly are independently powered, can connect to a network and I have successfully activated LEDs wirelessly by including the commands for the Arduino in the url (following its IP address) as per the Ethernet Shield tutorial on bildr.org. I also have enough sample code to set up a webpage that has buttons that can be used to send commands to the microcrontroller.

My problem is that we are trying to control a robot in real time and I would prefer to use either the computer's keyboard or a joystick connected to it. If this information can be read and sent over the network, we could bypass the webpage and my life would be a lot easier. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank so much!
Yusif Nurizade

Yusif Nurizade

Joined Jul 4, 2011
just connect joystic to arduino, read the inputs, send the copy of inputs to remote node, let remote control the robot...
Thank you for the reply!

Currently my only Arduino is connected to the Wifly Shield and communicating via the network. I can add another Arduino to the computer but I don't know how to link them together. Also, how could I send the inputs to the remote node? This is exactly what I am having trouble with so if you could guide me through it a bit I would GREATLY appreciate it! If it helps to use email, mine is <SNIP>

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: