Arduino Nano

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

Anyone try one of these boards yet?
They are only about 0.7 inches by 1.7 inches and have USB connector, USB to RS232 converter chip, and of course the Atmega 328 chip SMD package. There are breakout pins for connecting to the board/chip similar to the Uno, although some boards do not come with the pins just holes. Still, these would be nice and small for a small project such as a battery charger monitor or something. I think it also has 8 analog input channels.
They look too interesting to pass up, and the clones are very cheap under 5 bucks sometimes. They program with the standard Arduino IDE, although some clones might require a driver for the USB to RS232 chip on the bottom of the board.

Umindu

Joined Sep 1, 2015
yeah i have recently made a mpu 6050 gyro based stabilizer using a china clone of arduino nano cool man really

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Yes that does sound interesting. The Nano's look pretty cool so i am very surprised that more people didnt reply here that they might have tried one or at least considered trying one.

What i liked was that they are SUPER small in size yet do everything the Uno can do.
What i DONT like is i have been reading issues with the USB to serial chip on some units, mainly the clones. Some people are complaining that the chips dont work right so they cant communicate with the PC host, so no uploading of sketches. The workaround is to download a driver, but the site is kind of messed up and even when they do get it some still complain something doesnt work right.
The other workaround that is not as nice is to program it with another Arduino like a fully functional Uno or maybe another Nano that actually works right with the PC. This of course means ICSP with the three or more leads connected with jumpers to the board from one board to the other, using one Arduino as the programmer. This should work, but it's kind of not nice because there is a USB connector on board and that is supposed to allow communication with the PC directly, so if it doesnt work then it is a waste of space and makes the board higher vertically (not much but it's a waste).

I'll be looking into this some more but if anyone else has more info it would be nice to hear.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Yes they have some interesting products, but they wanted over 9 bucks for shipping a tiny board (the nano equivalent).