Arduino help, can't upload new script

Adamf001

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Very recently I purchased an Arduino uno board,
First time ever using this type (any microcontrolers) using the tutorial on the arduino site, I 'wrote' the blinking led script, uploaded, worked perfectly....

,y problem is that now I can't 'upload' any other program to the arduino, I have tried reset button, I have checked the software many times, I'm using the right port, I have selected the right board... still nothing, any Ideas?

Thanks

Adamf001

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Just for those people who have this problem, make sure that you install the drivers, I hadn't and that was why my computer couldn't communicate with the arduino....

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Just thought I'd give you a heads up - sometimes you will encounter this - everything was working fine, but you try to load the program and you can't, you start to think that you have blown the chip... just re-install the drivers to fix.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Just thought I'd give you a heads up - sometimes you will encounter this - everything was working fine, but you try to load the program and you can't, you start to think that you have blown the chip... just re-install the drivers to fix.
Reminds of a Sherlock Holmes Quote "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
Make sure your port is 9 or below. Otherwise, it will not work. Are you powering the board from the USB connection or through the 2.1mm jack? How much voltage are you applying to the board?

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
One more thing, you should run the verify to make sure your code doesn't have any errors in it. It will not load with errors. When you verify, you should see, "done compiling" at the bottom of the IDE. Now you can upload, providing your drivers are good and your port is 9 or below.

Adamf001

Joined Sep 5, 2011
after the driver installation, I haven't had any more problems,

Make sure your port is 9 or below. Otherwise, it will not work.
I'm using port 10 and have no problems, I have only port 6 and 7 which don't work so... I don't know why I'm an exception could you elaborate?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
another problem i have encountered with duemilanove (maybe they fixed it in uno board or later version of Arduino PC software) is that sometimes you need to change the virtual com port (USB). This happens almost every time, if I would unplug arduino, plug in a different USB device and then plug arduino back in.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
Last year I went to Radio Shack and bought the book, "Getting Started With Arduino," 2nd Edition, 2011, ISBN: 978-1-449-30987 by Make:Books. It is a great self-learning tool for beginners with the Arduino Uno. It explains code, how and why it's used and there are troubleshooting tips in there as well. Even for the experienced, it would be a good reference.