Arduino Eagle Library

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi folks--

So I received an Arduino Uno as a gift recently, and I've been working with it for the past several days. I realized, however, that Eagle doesn't have an existing library for it, and I really needed it for some of my design work. For that reason, I thought I'd share the solution I found.

I've attached a zip file to this post that contains an adafruit.lbr file and two readmes. You can ignore the readmes, though you're welcome to read them if you'd like.

In order to install this library, you'll have to follow these steps. Some of you are probably already familiar with adding external libraries, so you shouldn't have a problem. However, for those of you who aren't, here's what you do:

1. Unzip the file and place the adafruit.lbr file somewhere where you can find it easily. For example, your desktop.
  2. Open Eagle's control panel, click the Options menu, and select "Directories". In the menu that pops up, change the "Libraries" section from
    $EAGLEDIR/lbr
    to something like
    $EAGLEDIR\lbr;$HOME\external_lbrs
  3. Select OK, and if the directory doesn't already exist, tell it to create it. Make sure you note the directory's location, as you'll need to navigate to it in the next step.
  4. Open the directory you just created, and drag the adafruit.lbr file you extracted earlier into the new directory.
  5. Once you restart Eagle, you should have the adafruit library included, and you will have access to all the Arduino Eagle models.

Having this library is especially useful if you're designing a shield for the Arduino, as the dimensions and everything are all there.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes and kind regards,
Matt

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi strantor--

If I remember correctly, the arduino website only has the schematics of the arduino, meaning you can create your own "arduino" based on the designs. However, the files I posted allow the user to have an Arduino symbol to put in their own schematics. Here's a couple screenshots:

arduino.PNG
arduino2.PNG