Appropriate and Inappropriate Behavior

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by thingmaker3, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thingmaker3

Thread Starter Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Audioguru, please rephrase your post in a more constructive manner. Ad-hominem commentary is prohibited here.

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    The radio was attacked and the amplifier was attacked, but I missed the attack on the person. So where was the attack on the person - Eh?

3. thingmaker3

May 16, 2005
    Inanimate objects are not "lame." Ideas are not "lame." Only people can be "lame" or "brilliant" or such. The "I was attacking the object" defense never worked for you, Papabravo, and it won't fly for Audioguru either. Play nice or play elsewhere. Period.

4. thingmaker3

May 16, 2005
    I've moved or copied these posts here, so as not to detract from the original thread.

5. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Hi MStechCA,
    I know it is you. I don't know anybody else who is playing with a lousy super-regen "radio" and this "amplifier" that is full of distortion.

I simulated your amplifier and it was horrible. The one diode causes crossover distortion (not high current like SgtWookie says).

I added a 2nd diode to reduce the crossover distortion, added a resistor and capacitor to "boostrap" the driver transistor, added an input resistor, re-biased the input voltage and used a 2N4401 to match the 2N4403 output transistor. It is much better.

6. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    hehehe "I simulated your amplifier and it was horrible."

That may be a compliment in some cases, simulations hardly ever tell the truth.

Steve

7. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    The first line is directed "at the man" (and not using their forum tag) with a technical justification. I suggest when making replies to posts, just think about new members here who might not have the confidence that the more experienced amongst us would have. This applies to everyone.

This matter should be left as is. If you want to discuss this please contact me by PM.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.