Applications of Logic Gates in Daily Life

lil_susi

Joined May 10, 2005
Hey guyz can u tell me : "The Applications of Logic Gates in our daily life".I want you peepz to comment on it...actually it's my quiz and I need lil help..I know abt the Logic Gates,what are they and how they work but dunno abt their applications in depth...so if anyone can tell me it wud be a great help!
Takecare!

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by lil_susi@May 10 2005, 04:31 PM
Hey guyz can u tell me : "The Applications of Logic Gates in our daily life".I want you peepz to comment on it...actually it's my quiz and I need lil help..I know abt the Logic Gates,what are they and how they work but dunno abt their applications in depth...so if anyone can tell me it wud be a great help!
Takecare!
[post=7599]Quoted post[/post]​
You used millions of them to make ur post.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by lil_susi@May 10 2005, 10:31 PM
Takecare!
[post=7599]Quoted post[/post]​
If you're looking for examples, then one would be a hedge trimmer. For safety they often have two switches. You need to work them with your left AND right hands together. Each, on its own, will do nothing.

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by pebe@May 11 2005, 01:44 AM
If you're looking for examples, then one would be a hedge trimmer. For safety they often have two switches. You need to work them with your left AND right hands together. Each, on its own, will do nothing.
[post=7615]Quoted post[/post]​
Thats a good one. Simple AND.

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Another example would be a basement where one switch in the basement turns on/off the light. Another switch upstairs turns on/off that same light. This is an implication of "OR" logic because you can operate the light via the downstairs switch OR the upstairs switch.

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by n9xv@May 11 2005, 09:08 AM
Another example would be a basement where one switch in the basement turns on/off the light. Another switch upstairs turns on/off that same light. This is an implication of "OR" logic because you can operate the light via the downstairs switch OR the upstairs switch.
[post=7621]Quoted post[/post]​
Mmmm... Thats going to be XOR i believe. Bvecause if you flip both switches up or down the light will stay in the same state normally.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
1) Two bouttons to activate the same doorbell.

Whether you push the button at the front door OR the one at the garage, the doorbell will ring.

2) Eight smoke sensors at the first floor activating one signal (8-inputs OR)

Another eight sensors at the second floor activating another signal (8-inputs OR)

1st OR 2nd floor signals turn a light on in the pannel. (2-inputs OR)

That signal AND "bells on" switch on, sound a bell. (2-inputs AND)

BTW, have found one by yourself? It would be nice to hear that for a change...

Buena suerte.