Application of Google

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RRITESH KAKKAR, Jan 18, 2016.

1. RRITESH KAKKAR

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hello,
    What is the application of Google and how is it work?

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    why it is placed in all over world and how is the inventor of it.

4. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+is+google+all+over+the+world
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+the+inventor+of+google

Large tech companies like Google expand to many countries in the world because people around the world are increasingly becoming connected to the Internet and provide a market for their products. The founders of Google were Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Google's current CEO is an Indian, Sundar Pichai, which shows that if you have a good education, you can get a good job in America.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  5. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Google Inc. is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, and software.

What is the benifit of it in india?

6. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I edited my post to add a reason:
    I think the biggest benefit of Google being in India, is that people who live there like you can use it. If Google was only in the US or the UK, their servers would be farther away from India, and they would not have a version of their search engine customized for India (google.in).

7. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010

But we don't go in usa we want to india to become good as it is.

8. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I know India has some advanced technology and I think they have pioneered some great discoveries.

9. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    which technology?

10. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    Things like space research and medical technology.

11. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Where i am not aware so much of India how u?

12. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I really don't know any details about technology in India, just some general things, most of which I've probably seen in the news. It's not uncommon for American tech news sources to mention what's going on in India or China.

13. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
  14. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I think it's generally true that competition is good and monopolies are bad. That said, I'm admittedly somewhat biased towards the USA.

15. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    DEFINITION of 'Monopoly' A situation in which a single company or group owns all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service. By definition, monopoly is characterized by an absence of competition, which often results in high prices and inferior products.

Now i will not buy any NRI brand.
    And money go out of india.

16. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Where this forum server are located and why it is in India it should be banned soon.

17. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    USA Made GPS available to the whole world for free, they spent billions of dollars on it and they get nothing in return for doing so.They can do whatever they want with it. EMR doesn't kill insects.

tjohnson likes this.
  18. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    To be fair, I think RK is biased towards India as well.

19. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    GPS was called NAVSTAR in the 70s. It's a DOD navigation signal and as such, the President can order Selective Availability to be turned back on, just like President Clinton ordered it to be turned off. What that does is degrade your geodetic position error.

GPS, like GLONASS (Russian version of GPS) were built for the military. It costs billions of dollars per year to operate and maintain.

How many smart phones in India use GPS? What percent of the Indian market would miss that feature if it were "degraded" or turned off?

tjohnson likes this.
  20. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I hope I didn't come across as sounding unpatriotic, I wasn't aware of the history of GPS.