Anyone know what kind of connector this might be?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by bbiandov, Jul 11, 2016.

1. bbiandov

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Hi everyone,

Anyone know what kind of connector this might be?

It is the input of an electro-mechanical break of a servo motor. It takes mains power. I looked everywhere and I can't see a similar looking connector. Obviously I am looking for the mating connector so I am guessing a female flat looking with a double chamfer on one end and plastic locking ears on both sides of the body.

Thanks
    ~B

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Yeah. It is a Molex Connector. It is often used for power cables because you can't mate them backwards.

3. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
  4. Techno Tronix

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes, It s Molex connector.
    But why can't mate them backward?? Molex provides complete design flexibility for flat cables.

5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Because you can't mate a triangle with a square. I dunno, just sayin'

6. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
    Molex for sure. The EARS can be purchased on or off. They fold back and become a snap in the back of the panel in a rectangular hole. Used inside equipment and for disk drives. Those Molex can be cross-pinned mix and match. Usually male pins go in female housings

7. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Note that this connector style is available with at least two different pin (and body) sizes. Images and drawings without dimensions are almost identical. Also, AMP (now Tyco) makes intermateable parts.

ak

8. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Sure you can configure them but if you leave a plug and a socket hanging for an end-user, there is only one way to plug them.

9. Techno Tronix

Jan 10, 2015
    Which way? Can you suggest me?