Anyone in the UK been to industry south electronics show

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluebrakes, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bluebrakes

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    http://www.industrysouth.co.uk/

You’ll meet 600+ top suppliers of the latest in Automation and Robotics, CNC Machining & Tooling, Packaging & Handling, Electronic Components & Enclosures, Cable Assembly, Labelling & Marking, Electronic Sub-contract Manufacture, PCBs, CAD/CAM/CAE, Control & Motion Engineering, Design & Rapid Prototyping, Test & Measurement, Workstations, Pressings, Castings & Mouldings, Fabrication & Fastenings, New Materials & High Precision Engineering.

Just wondering if anyone has been and if it's worth going as a member of the public, rather than from an industry?

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Always a good idea to go to a trade show or two each year, especially if it's free admission. The freebees are always worth the trip.

3. bluebrakes

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    yeah, just thinking whether it's worth it other than the free tat :-D

4. Dawud Beale

Feb 10, 2012
    I didn't know about it but I would have gone if I did. It has seminars you can sit and learn in aswell.

Where did you hear about this? Is there somewhere that lists all electronic engineering related events?

5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm not sure if the IET lists it, but they sure have a lot of seminars.

I've just become a student member, and it's really worth it. The IET will lone out up to 10 books from their library at a time to me. They will even post them to me for free.

Also, I can get alerts and look at a calender of events of interest, both locally and nationally. For example, I'm looking forward to going to a talk on the systems behind the F35 in a couple of weeks.

I presume that their magazine would also contain more general dates of importance, but I've yet to get one.

Sparky