Anyone give me a tip to connect a program to login to a website?

zero_coke

Joined Apr 22, 2009
Basically I made this program to do some manual tasks on some online game site. The program logs in, you know, goes around, does some stuff.

Currently I'm using an http wrapper that handles my GET/POST requests so if I want to login I basically do wrapper.request(strHTML, "POST", URL & submitting data, referer)

However, I need a faster way to do this in vb.NET. Is there any built in functions that do this? Speed is extremely important in my application because items stock in the shops of this online game site and I need to buy them in less than 200 milliseconds. How can I achieve this?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
200mS is the average ping time of the Internet in the US. To actually move data to and from the server that fast is possible, but not any sort of guarantee.

You might want to look at source code for "page scrapers" or even eBay "auction sniper" programs to get ideas on what you are trying to do.

From things I've done, I wouldn't guarantee anything happening in under 1 second, and that is iffy when the internet load and the particular server you are connecting to is busy during "prime time".