Any proper microelectronis book advice ?

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by alibedelci, Apr 21, 2013.

1. alibedelci

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 15, 2013

I've been using Sedra/Smith for the last semester and I was miserable with it. I tried checking out Razavi's Fundamentals of ME and was really impressed. To avoid confusion and stop any discussion before it starts, I think there are different strokes for different folks. Anyway, anybody can advise me with a book like Razavi's or even simpler, more understandable, provided that it is up to current technology?

2. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
  3. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm not sure many people will be familiar with Razavi's book, myself included. The Sedra & Smith book is pretty widespread.

What about Razavi's book makes you like it? That way we can recommend a book without having to know about the Razavi book...
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I second tshuck's request. As you say, different strokes for different folks, so even those that are familiar with the text you like might not focus on the same aspects that you do.

In general, finding a good text is hard. I've bought many, many texts that I thought had potential upon casual skimming only to discover serious shortcomings once I tried to work with it more deeply. You really need to spend some quality time with a text in order to get a feel for whether it is worth it. I would recommend taking a trip to your nearest university library (if that is feasible) and checking out a handful of texts from their stacks. You can probably get some from your local library via interlibrary loan. I don't know where you are so that may or may not be an option.

If you are like me (and I suspect most people), you will end up with many texts because you will always find speciific topics that aren't covered well in any of the ones you already have. Now, with the internet, that whole paradigm has shifted so that's not so much the case anymore.

Good luck!
  5. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
  6. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Seems you skimmed the Terms of Service...
    This is the third time I've seen you post links to copyrighted books, I would suggest going back and removing said links, before the mods notice...
  7. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    What tsuck said. Do not post any more links to illegal copies of proprietary material, or you will be banned.