Any Members of ETO here? BEWARE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jpanhalt, Aug 1, 2015.

1. jpanhalt

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    That site is totally screwed up today. I believe it has been hacked, and there is malware functioning. Getting multiple notices of postings to threads. A few others that we know of are affected too. Have tried various options, such as labeling as junk -- didn't work. After posting several comments in the feedback section, I cannot post any longer.

Neither the moderators nor administrators have responded on the site. Others who have been affected may not be able to get on the site either, so we do not know the scope of the problem.

BEWARE!

John

2. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Working fine for me. I see the same old goobers there asking the same old questions over and over so that they can appear more competent at their own jobs than they really are. :p

#12 likes this.
  3. jpanhalt

Jan 18, 2008
    cmartinez, atferrari and #12 like this.
  4. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    WOW! there up to six participating people at one time now? :p

#12 likes this.
  5. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    hi John,
    Some members of EDA are also reporting multiple postings.
    Its the same Media Group as ETO.

E

6. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Right now John, still going on with me.

7. jpanhalt

Jan 18, 2008
    The last notification I received was time stamped about 1 AM local time (+5 hours here). Maybe the auto-delete for blocked addresses started to work. Still can't sign on. John

8. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    It appears that the "send email notification of all responses to my posts" has been activated for all users. Audioguru just responded to your post about the malfunction - he is getting crunched with emails.

9. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    @jpanhalt -- Thanks for the head's up:)

FWIW I've had no problems to date --- But then the extent of my participation on said site amounts to a single post made over four months ago:oops:

Best regards
    HP

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  10. jpanhalt

Jan 18, 2008
    Unfortunately, DerStrom (aka Matt) failed to note in his supercilious reply to my post here (http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/multiple-notices-of-same-reply.145103/#post-1227630 ) that the only reason I posted on ACC about the problems at ETO was that I could no longer post on ETO due to ITS screw up on authentication. It has been my experience that moderators, including DerStrom at ETO, have the authority to solve sign on problems. Nevertheless, not a single moderator has offered to help. That message is hard to miss, even for a septuagenarian like myself.

John

11. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Thanks for the warning John. I'm not a member of ETO, but now I'm definitely never going to be one.

12. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Matt is incorrect with his assumptions.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    and that is why I haven't been at ETO for several years!

cmartinez likes this.
  14. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Ditto.

cmartinez likes this.
  15. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Something's 'hinky' alright:rolleyes: --- As I understand "dmiyares's" post the email servers are down - however I promptly received automated "password reset" correspondence following my request for same (this afternoon):confused:

Best regards
    HP

16. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Truth being told... I have no idea what others see in ETO... this place has much higher quality and content... not to mention the abundance of interesting, colorful personalities that inhabit it Emoji Smiley-41.png

shortbus and #12 like this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    ETO used to be comparable to AAC. Those 2 sites shared many members. The quality of responses was about as good at either site. Notice that all my descriptions are in the past tense.

cmartinez likes this.
  18. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    ETO was my #1 goto place for a few years until a mod or two went on a high and mighty trip and started taking liberties with their very loose interpretations of the rules and to whom they would or would not apply to and well you know what happens when that happens. Lots of unjustified and unexplained banings deletions, unexplained post editings and so on rather took the fun out of the site for a lot of people real fast. :rolleyes:

Then of course I ran amok with my poking stick and bag of troll feed and apparently overfed a troll or two to the point they blew themselves up and got perma banned for it. :p

Ah good times. :D

cmartinez and #12 like this.
  19. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    An administrator answered the TS' question over at ETO. It appears a mail server upgrade caused the excessive emails.

And the next video is dedicated to all the server mailfunctions that help get the word out to the members ....

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    You have my gratitude.

And, while we're on the subject, 3 cheers for good moderators. We have them.