Any Ideas for what I can Add to This Relay Board?

danielb33

Joined Aug 20, 2012
Wrapping up a relay board project for my first internship. Looking through the design, it does just what they asked, nothing more.
Some details for any advice you might have for additions--- It has current sense, position sense, ambient temp sense/motor temp sense, runs two motors per board at up to 30A continuos each. I put a couple manually resettable fuses on there. Have USB set up as virtual com port for talking to the processor for mode settings.

In looking at the design, it just does not have anything fancy. I recently added a few LED's on the design to appear when a fuse is blown, do you have any other suggestions that would make this more user friendly? People normally have all kinds of LEDS, I guess I could put some LEDS on for when a relay goes out as dell.

Just looking for other ideas I could work on. Don't want to realize more should be added after I order boards!

I am programming it through a STM32F1 so I have plenty of processor power to do whatever I want...

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If you have the current sense, then you can shut down the power automatically.

The idea as this:
current sense → over current signal → transistor → general relay → magnetic relay(OR SSR) → motor.

If you want to keep the power off, then you can add CD4013 to latch the over current signal, CD4013 has set and reset, so you can reset the CD4013.

CD4013 datasheet.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/150/108670_DS.pdf