Any good parts in a Xbox 360?

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
Hi! I have access to two xbox 360 elite's, with a few controllers and such that we will trash.
Is there any nice components you would recommend me to take before they get trashed?
I'm VERY new on this and would like some components to play and learn with. (With an arduino that i will buy soon)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi! I have access to two xbox 360 elite's, with a few controllers and such that we will trash.
Is there any nice components you would recommend me to take before they get trashed?
I'm VERY new on this and would like some components to play and learn with. (With an arduino that i will buy soon)
Perhaps the PSU and a few discrete components (e.g. Eregs, IR communication devices, Caps, discrete semiconductors, etc...) and the X-Y potentiometer set from the control (if so equipped) --- Be advised that most of the ICs will be be both difficult to salvage and proprietary (ergo practically unidentifiable)

Frankly, unless you're on a 'tight budget', it's probably not worth the bother...

Best regards
HP

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
Perhaps the PSU and a few discrete components (e.g. Eregs, IR communication devices, Caps, discrete semiconductors, etc...) and the X-Y potentiometer set from the control (if so equipped) --- Be advised that most of the ICs will be be both difficult to salvage and proprietary (ergo practically unidentifiable)

Frankly, unless you're on a 'tight budget', it's probably not worth the bother...

Best regards
HP
Thanks for your reply :D
Ye I was too a little unsure if its worth it, and as I said I dont have much experience yet, so I'll leave it :)

Thank you for the help! =]

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
I think they have a hard drive (maybe 80 GB SATA), and they have a big cooloing fan.
Other than that, I would look at the capacitors, transistors, resistors, and the like.

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
Do the 360's not work anymore? Just curious
They should work, one of the two have got the "Red Ring of Death" a few times tho, but other than that, they havn't been used for more than a year so they have just collected dust, so away they go. :3

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
I think they have a hard drive (maybe 80 GB SATA), and they have a big cooloing fan.
Other than that, I would look at the capacitors, transistors, resistors, and the like.
I actually took apart a non-working old laptop cooler and got some nice fans :D I also bought the Arduino STARTED KIT today, so I have now more resistors etc than I can use at this time. ^^ So I guess there is not in the box for me to use :3 Thanks for the help tho :D