Any experience with Orientalmotor (or other) stepper controllers?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by strantor, Jul 30, 2013.

1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would check with you guys. I posted this (quote below) on the orientalmotor forum, but that place is a West Texas ghost town. I saw a tumbleweed. This controller package came from, and their tech support is nonexistent as well. No replies to my email, waited on hold for a good while, left a voicemail and a message with the receptionist - no comms!
    Maybe experience with other brands of stepper controllers would prove useful here; I've never used a commercial stepper controller of any brand. Is it common practice to set up the inputs and programming this way? I'm a little confused about the whole thing, because while it says that the routine number corresponds to the binary input, the program examples contain IF/THEN statements that reference the universal inputs, for example:
    Code ( (Unknown Language)):
    1. Sequence:  63  "ScratchPad"
    2.   TA 5; TD 0.1; VS 100; VR 2000
    3.   LOOP
    4.   IF (IN1=1)
    5.   MCP
    6.   WHILE (IN1=1); WEND
    7.   SSTOP
    8.   ENDIF
    9.   IF (IN2=1)
    10.   MCN
    11.   WHILE (IN2=1); WEND
    12.   SSTOP
    13.   MEND
    14.   ENDIF
    15.   ENDL
  2. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    .. for testing mechanical systems but ultimately used controllers that take a clock and direction. A micro generated the clock pulses at varying rates for acceleration/decel etc.

Did the live chat here work?

Can you configure the inputs to only have one active at a time and use seq. number 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc?

Don't know how much help I'd be but if you can post a link to or PM the manual with software ref. I'd be happy to see how much I can remember about it. I think I understand the sample programs well enough..