General Feedback Any chance to change website color?

Nick Blanck

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Hi i've been on and off AAC for a couple months and really enjoy it! Haven't been able to get anything out of textbooks. Everything I need is right here.

However, I am not a huge fan of the orange color scheme. Not to be picky or anything, psychologically it is just an eye sore. I liked the blue/green. I wonder if such features exist to set a default color like the forums

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
However, I am not a huge fan of the orange color scheme. Not to be picky or anything, psychologically it is just an eye sore. I liked the blue/green. I wonder if such features exist to set a default color like the forums
See other posts today, change it back in your settings menu.
Max.

Nick Blanck

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Read my request a little more carefully. I am talking about the overall website. Not the forums. I can change it to the Fluid design for the forums, but the AAC pages, textbooks etc have all been changed to this current layout.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
Hi i've been on and off AAC for a couple months and really enjoy it! Haven't been able to get anything out of textbooks. Everything I need is right here.

Taste in color, food and clothes are quite subjective. Get over it.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Haven't used the e-books yet. If thats the case I'm with the OP on this one. Yes, Georacer; but when I change my settings to the old it should also change e-books or wherever I navigate within the forums as wells as content. The only thing that should be visible in Orange; if thats what they insist on should be the home page and thats it; once I log in I should see everything in the old color scheme.

Taste in color, food and clothes are quite subjective. Get over it.
No reason for me to be subjected to something objectionable. If you look at the vote to go back to the old style; it's obvious this OP is in line with a Large Majority Members both old and new.

Are you saying they should just get over it? I think they may just get out of it instead; and some may have already done that.

kv

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Aw, I kind of like the orange. Hopefully any change will be in the direction of color choices (per user) as opposed to just changing the whole site to something else.

It's also worth noting that people who are upset are far more likely to chime in than those who are happy, so a poll that's 70% negative doesn't necessarily mean 70% of the users are unhappy, only that 70% of those who cared enough about this particular issue to say something are unhappy.

I don't have strong feelings either way on the color. I mostly brought this up because I'm in the midst of a potentially controversial, product-changing redesign and I know how frustrating it can be to put a lot of great work into a project and then be met with staunch resistance, so I'm very sympathetic with the designers right now.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
In the investment world there is a saying:
"Never fight the tape"​
If orange is going "thud" big time they may want to rethink that choice.