Antique words and phrases

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
How many of you have seen it in action? :( Myself as a kid. Hard work, sticky, dirty...!

Copyrights protected.png

BTW, the warning means that people tried that way! :eek: :p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am feeling so old right now! Today, on TV, I saw a person that couldn't think of, "John F. Kennedy" after 4 or 5 clues. I can hope she was an idiot, but I'm afraid she was normal, and that's what scares me. We don't have to reach into the dark recesses of time to find words that modern people don't know.

Speaking of the dark recesses of time, my father used to go buy some, "Ackerman-Johnsons". I never found out what those were. Some kind of fastener, maybe.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Kodachrome
I actually won a photography contest shooting Mt. Rushmore from somewhere around 1/4 mile with Kodachrome 25. :) Windy day with a very long lens on a tripod. Got 2 out of a 36 roll that weren't blurry. Now, it's so much cheaper to take pictures with a PHD and put them on my computer. The Kodak company better have a new business plan!

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
micro mico farads before pico farads

pleas and thank you. ( a most usefull two words in the past, unfortunatly now quite rare)

"yes we have that" now very rare in electronic part stores ( themselvs very rare too).