Anti-clockwise

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by kathapurushan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Anyone have an idea how to make a clock run anti-clockwise without changing the mechanical parts ?:confused:

2. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    p.s :- about a quartz clock

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    How about a mirror?

4. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008

If the motor is NOT a shaded pole type, you can manually spin it backwards and it will start in the reverse direction. Of course, if you have a power failure, you have to do it all over again. :)

Eric

5. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    Move the clock to the southern hemisphere? Corellis effect, I've read that the water in their toilets rotates in the opposite direction when flushed then from the northern hemisphere, so maybe clocks and toilets have something in common. ;)

Lefty

6. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    Back when some of us actually REPAIRED TV's a neat trick was to reverse the polarity on the horizontal deflection yoke. The picture would be backwards. :)

7. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes, I worked with a group of field service engineers in the seventies. In our shop we would have many 12" crt B/W monitors to be repaired as it was faster to just swap them out at the customers location and repair them later in the shop.

Most just needed new horz or vert output transistors. Anyway when we would get a newbe into the shop we would have them start work on the monitor pile and we did swap the deflection wires around on a few and see how long it took the newbe to figure it out or ask for help. Either response was OK with us, it's the ones that would never give up or ask for help that bothered us a little. Not good to not seek help when it's available, not in a field service environment where down time costs customers money ;)

8. eblc1388

Nov 28, 2008
    Look at the link below: full instructions with many images to guide you through.

clock to run backwards

9. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I'm skeptical. It's an electromagnet and the plate looks symmetrical. I did read the comments. It is still uncertain whether it is a hoax.

Has anyone here done it?

John

10. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Hi John,
    Am going to try within a few minutes. Will definitely post my result here
    thank you

11. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    HOOORRAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
    IT IS WORKING OK

Thank you all friends, especially jpanhalt(John)

12. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Thanks to elbc1388 (L Chung) too for giving the URL. :)

13. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I am surprised, but very glad it worked for you. I have to get a clock now and try it myself. John

14. kathapurushan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 17, 2008
    hi jpanhalt,
    the model which i worked was having the iron core with a hole at one corner only ('U' shaped corner). no extra work was nesessary for me.

15. Blackbull

Jul 26, 2008
    Don't know the answer to this one, but if you turn a clock upside down, in the UK, it shows the time in India.
    Blackbull