Anti-clockwise

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Anyone have an idea how to make a clock run anti-clockwise without changing the mechanical parts ?:confused:

If the motor is NOT a shaded pole type, you can manually spin it backwards and it will start in the reverse direction. Of course, if you have a power failure, you have to do it all over again. :)

Eric

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Move the clock to the southern hemisphere? Corellis effect, I've read that the water in their toilets rotates in the opposite direction when flushed then from the northern hemisphere, so maybe clocks and toilets have something in common. ;)

Lefty

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Back when some of us actually REPAIRED TV's a neat trick was to reverse the polarity on the horizontal deflection yoke. The picture would be backwards. :)

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Back when some of us actually REPAIRED TV's a neat trick was to reverse the polarity on the horizontal deflection yoke. The picture would be backwards. :)
Yes, I worked with a group of field service engineers in the seventies. In our shop we would have many 12" crt B/W monitors to be repaired as it was faster to just swap them out at the customers location and repair them later in the shop.

Most just needed new horz or vert output transistors. Anyway when we would get a newbe into the shop we would have them start work on the monitor pile and we did swap the deflection wires around on a few and see how long it took the newbe to figure it out or ask for help. Either response was OK with us, it's the ones that would never give up or ask for help that bothered us a little. Not good to not seek help when it's available, not in a field service environment where down time costs customers money ;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I'm skeptical. It's an electromagnet and the plate looks symmetrical. I did read the comments. It is still uncertain whether it is a hoax.

Has anyone here done it?

John

kathapurushan

Joined Dec 17, 2008
hi jpanhalt,
the model which i worked was having the iron core with a hole at one corner only ('U' shaped corner). no extra work was nesessary for me.