Antenna impedance measurement, opamp and detector circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ninjaman, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ninjaman

Thread Starter Member

May 18, 2013
    i have to write a report for an antenna analyser I want to build using arduino and modules. though this has already been done a few times. im trying to find a way to alter it so I can make something the same but different.
    maybe if I paint it red that would work?
    anyway, im looking at ways of measuring impedance and the wheat stone bridge is very common, so I will use this. then there is a compensated buffer amp, I don't know what this is? I will have to look it up. it also has diode detectors. this is the measuring part of the sirkit. the program I suppose I could change without hassle. I would like to understand how the op amp works so I could possible change that for something else.
    any thoughts about this idea or a point in the right direction would be great
    sorry to hijack your thread

all my undying love
  2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Not nice to hijack someone else's thread especially when it is totally unrelated. Why are you sorry?

Now you have your own thread.
  3. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    search on "return loss bridge" that will be the bridge part, then get a vco to generate the rf signal. detector output from return loss bridge will give you when the ballance signal to show when antenna orload is resonant.