Another Sparky Problem - Internet Explorer

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone. :)

I;ve got another easy peasy question for you guys.

When I visit YouTube, a message appears saying that I need to upgrade IE7, as they are ending support for it soon.

However, when I download IE9 and try to install it, it says it can't because a higher version is already installed!

What's going on here?

It wouldn't normally be a problem, but some videos already don't work. :(

Sparky

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
it depends on your os. if IE your n windows ie 7 is probubley XP IE9 will only run on win 7 posibley vista. because of hardware aceleration. ie 8 is as new as XP will run. try ie 8 instead it should work. if not try an remove the old one. i would recomend using revo uninstaller free. this way all registry keys the new version could see would be removed and then it should install.

Evil Lurker

Joined Aug 25, 2011
I'm with Bertus on this one.. why the heck are you still using internet explorer?

I switched over to Firefox about a year ago and have never looked back. By itself firefox ain't that special... what makes it special is the plug-ins... namely Ad-block plus, noscript, and Ghosterly (those are my favs). Why? Because they pretty much nuke about all of the online advertising, even commercials embedded in youtubes video streams! They are so good that with these plug-ins installed you could just about surf the web once again on dial up. Sometimes though when streaming some video content I have to pause the blocking with adblock and/or ghosterly to get the video to load, and before the commercial starts toggle it back on to keep from getting advertising shoved down my throat.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
I use firefox, but it annoys me a bit how many major releases they have.

December 2011 they released version 8, now we are at version 13. that is 5 major releases in 6 months. I first started using it less than 2 years ago and it was at version 4. I think currently major releases are on a sub-monthly basis and accelerating. Just the concept is utterly bogus, but doing it in practice is borderline insanity. Minor releases are on an almost weekly basis now.

Sometimes security/bug-fix updates are only a few hours apart.

I'm not sure what worm crawled into their brains, but I sure wish they would stop this childish nonsense. I did a calculation and if they keep up their acceleration rate, we can expect major releases on an hourly basis as early as 2014 and every few seconds come mid 2016:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!!

Tell me they have to wake up and shrug off this drug induced trip they are on!

Last edited:

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
You use Chrome? Jeez man, sorry 'bout that.

Google's got you by the cahoulies, eh?

Just wondering, do they supply a plug-in that blocks google ads?

How 'bout u-tewb ads?

Jus yokin's all:):).