Another locked thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=45289

@ Beenthere

I hope u would consider talking to OP before locking the thread.

It wud be nice to see how well he is informed and careful around HV circuits.
And he having trouble gating an triac is completely another matter..

Mods does not lock my threads If I deal with HV. U guys can see I am always using HV devices. And everyone replies to my threads.
It's because I am comfortable and know the guide lines working around them.
And u all seems to know tht.

Same could be with this OP.
Just a thought.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Not only was the energy stored in the capacitor bank at a dangerous level, the intended use was for a rail gun. Those things are against the forum rules:
2. Appropriate conduct. Forum members are responsible for the content of their posts, including information they provide, validity of this information, and any extra content they may append to the post.

Illegal or inappropriate discussion or information will be removed. When there is ambiguity in the legal status of a request or reply, the Moderators and Admin will come to a consensus on whether the discussion is appropriate to remain in the public forum.

Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
We are not the only electronics forum, so information on such things may be freely available elsewhere. We have chosen not to discuss some topics.

Artikbot

Joined Nov 7, 2010
No.

No, no no and NO.

I didn't want any advice on the COIL(not rail, for god's sake, 200J for a railgun? Lucky if the projectile even moves)gun circuitry, that is already done and working.

I wanted to know HOW to wire the triac, since I've never worked with them and AAC sample circuit didn't work.

FYI, beenthere, the coilgun is already working with mechanical slow inefficient switch, I wanted to replace it with a triac. And after all i wanted advice about the triac itself, not about the rest of the circuit which is already working.

Maybe you could ask a bit before making yourself prejuices about what am I doing/asking.

Thanks.

Edit: About the HV issue... I hope it's more for other's people safety, because I can certificate I'm concerned about the dangers of working with HV. It just took only one single zap (long time ago) for me to understand the dangers. Nothing dangerous, just a small mark that a small 200V capacitor left on my finger. Also, I'm an electronics engineering student, so double the concerning, since my teachers always insist twice about our safety while prototyping. Thats why the test on the triac wasn't being done on 700V 40A supply, it was a crappy 15mA inoffensive 7.4V source. I think that can't even kill a small ant.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It's not all about you. Our policy is very clear:
Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.
Or are you suggesting that your application can't possibly cause harm? This is your description -
Real load will be somewhere between 310 and 330V. And not a few mAmps, hundreds of Amps for an about 10ms time xD
And -
To be precise, a quite big coil, from the injector stage of a coilgun
That help is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.