Another locked thread

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by R!f@@, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=45289

@ Beenthere

I hope u would consider talking to OP before locking the thread.

It wud be nice to see how well he is informed and careful around HV circuits.
    And he having trouble gating an triac is completely another matter..

Mods does not lock my threads If I deal with HV. U guys can see I am always using HV devices. And everyone replies to my threads.
    It's because I am comfortable and know the guide lines working around them.
    And u all seems to know tht.

Same could be with this OP.
    Just a thought.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Not only was the energy stored in the capacitor bank at a dangerous level, the intended use was for a rail gun. Those things are against the forum rules:
    We are not the only electronics forum, so information on such things may be freely available elsewhere. We have chosen not to discuss some topics.

3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    That is a big ZAP to me;)

4. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    He wanted to make rail gun ? :eek:

I did not know tht.
    Sorry.

5. Artikbot

Nov 7, 2010
    No.

No, no no and NO.

I didn't want any advice on the COIL(not rail, for god's sake, 200J for a railgun? Lucky if the projectile even moves)gun circuitry, that is already done and working.

I wanted to know HOW to wire the triac, since I've never worked with them and AAC sample circuit didn't work.

FYI, beenthere, the coilgun is already working with mechanical slow inefficient switch, I wanted to replace it with a triac. And after all i wanted advice about the triac itself, not about the rest of the circuit which is already working.

Maybe you could ask a bit before making yourself prejuices about what am I doing/asking.

Thanks.

Edit: About the HV issue... I hope it's more for other's people safety, because I can certificate I'm concerned about the dangers of working with HV. It just took only one single zap (long time ago) for me to understand the dangers. Nothing dangerous, just a small mark that a small 200V capacitor left on my finger. Also, I'm an electronics engineering student, so double the concerning, since my teachers always insist twice about our safety while prototyping. Thats why the test on the triac wasn't being done on 700V 40A supply, it was a crappy 15mA inoffensive 7.4V source. I think that can't even kill a small ant.

6. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    It's not all about you. Our policy is very clear:
    Or are you suggesting that your application can't possibly cause harm? This is your description -
    And -
    That help is not available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.