Another impossible mission

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
See this

Another story....
This one is a 29" one. Been going around almost every service centers and been handled and cared by almost all.
They say this is the one.
They say it can't be done.

As usual a good friend of mine called and asked me to help him with the TV.
He is hesitant about it and asking me whether I cud fix this.
And as usual I said, I can give a crack at it.

Fault is, it goes to standby. Just like tht. any time, any where.
Almost all the components have been replaced, like the FBT and PSU and the caps and all tht can be easily available has been replaced.
Beenthere, done tht and all. Sometimes the relay starts to click repeatedly when it goes to standby.
So Last night mid night I went and gave a quick look. Everything was in order, TV lights up and after a few seconds, goes to stand by.

The Story
What I find funny here is tht, when almost everyone tried and cannot fix it, but just by one glance I can see the error code flashing.
Did no body saw the RED led tht gives..blink....blink....blink...so and so forth.

The frickin thing is telling what is wrong with it right to the face.

I mean..c'mon. even a dummy will know tht.
Best part is, this TV has been to our authorized repair center too, this is what I have heard from the owner. They replaced the fly-back and said it needs to be carefully adjusted so it won't shut off.
Who in the right mind wud tell the customer tht, why the heck are they there for.

side note
"And to add to tht, any G2 adjustment has to be made with a scope applied as per the service manual.
And Our so called Philips service center doesn't have a scope
."

Sigh!!!
The guy didn't have a working PC, so I came home at dawn to check the error codes.
Will get back to it after the Friday noon prayer.

I just thought I'll let u guys know about this just to entertain u. got nothing else to do before prayer time. will edit the tread after finishing the TV

Last edited:
I think the code is telling you it's an ancient CRT looking for a landfill. I trip over old CRTs that folks leave on the curb for garbage collection, wish I could send you one.
On a sidenote Technics just phased out their turntables and Sony the cassette walkman. I was amazed as I thought they had been out of production for years. Are CRTs even being made anymore?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
They are not made...but somethings are hard to let go. LCD's are not tht cheap here.

These TV's are mostly from rural areas, like Islanders. They all have big TV's.

PS..I know what the error is.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
I see plenty of working TVs and PC monitors in the "Free" category on craigslist, they're either older TVs that won't pick up the new digital ATSC or the PC people bought an LCD.

Last ones I dared to pick up were a pair of Mitsubishi 21" CAD monitors - those super expensive ones that could actually reproduce precision straight, sharp lines and amost perfect colors. I'd put one in place of my 19" Hitachi CAD monitor I'm using on this particular desktop but the thing is huge enough as it stands, the 21" would take up half the room.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I'm beat.......need to sleep.
Fault is found but as usual..the long story is there and quite interesting I must say.
will update tomorrow.
G night

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
I thing it have a problem in the reset circuit of the MCU of command section or it may be the protection circuit.I came by this problem many years ago and that time It was just the protection circuit.

Good Luck